5/4/10

Munchies for thought

The person you want to be is a person who does not want to be you.

I wrote this on my notepad while driving home stoned last week. I often put noteworthy ideas above staying within the lines.

Do I be who I want to be
or just be naturally?

Another one from a completely different night. Same scene though.

I've been smoking consistently for a month now and it's helped me to understand a lot about myself. Excerpts such as the ones above indicate correlation. It's like dreaming the same dreams because your subconsciousness is so adamantly set in some certain understandings. I'm torn between what I want to do with my life and what I enjoy doing right now. Thing is, what I'm doing now sucks. So I need to be who I want to be. But how easy is that? Will going against my instincts transform me into another person? Does being loyal to oneself need to transcend time? Space? Sci-fi movies always present that puzzle: if I were to go back in time and alter reality, would not my present, time-traveling self transform as well? Wouldn't the thought itself be enough? That's how our modern, obscured idea of karma is today. Anyway, I know the real origins. Non-smokers don't care to understand things such as these because such thoughts conjured up by potheads are foolish to them. It's like a puff is a baseball bat to the head. Other people condemn the practice because of past personal experience. Yeah, blame your own inherent thought processes on a plant. I smoke because I know I can control myself. Heavier drugs unlock doors in the mind as well, but because of tweaked chemical compositions, none should be trusted. I, in no way, support it. Alright, I'll end before this turns into a "legalize it" campaign.

But if we arranged the UN assembly meeting into a circle..

No comments: