I'm back! Life's been busy busy since finals week, and here I finally feel at peace and so I blog.
As much as I've tried to suppress thoughts of finals week, the memories still leak through. I was charged with finishing 5 online quizzes within the week in order to receive credit for the class. I had 3 finals to study for, about all of which I was uneasy. The following is not an exaggeration: I drank 2-3 Rockstars around Redbulls every day over the course of 4. Needless to say, I felt sick and crazy the whole time and I broke out nastily. Studied in Sinclair all day Wednesday, slept in my car for 2 hours, studied on until my back-to-back finals on Thursday at 9:00a. My feet were sticky. Well well, I PASSED all of those quizzes and thus PASSED the course, PASSED every final and reached the GPA needed for my return in the Spring.
Fucking ecstatic!
My classes for the Spring (hopefully) include: Autobiographical Writing, Intro to Lit: Creative Writing (from Vision to Text), Intro to Photography and Geo 101 (or some other core req, but most likely that). A 4 class load is gonna be cake. Also, my AMP internship will now be a go, meaning loads of artsy goodness and 3 credits for me!!
I've been working full-time at both my job and the reconstruction of my overall being. I need to develop the 2 rolls of film that've been sitting here over the past month. Sad yeah? Neglecting one camera when ANOTHER ONE'S COMING IN THE MAIL! It's a Canon Rebel 2000 slr for the photo course. The case arrived in the mail today, so the cam should be following soon...I hope. Nighttime and indoor shots for a change!
Xmas was shopping, eating, giving, receiving, yadda. I was given enough money for the forementioned camera and case along with some clothes. Was goood. A few days later, a holiday party at Ben's included Cranium, secret santa, beer pong, Wii, champagne, Flip Cup, King's Cup and foolishness of the highest caliber. I was quite amused. Sachi threw a party at her house last night, and it was most of the same. She let Buddha and I win beer pong. It's been great seeing everyone together on so many occasions.
There's this familiar warmth under my chest and I wish it wouldn't leave.
Is it too soon to commit to this resolution?
12/31/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
1) Congratulations!
2) Canon Rebel? Very jealous...
3) Happy New Year; it's great to know you are alive and well ; )
hahaha you guys won fair and square. and it was really great seeing everyone together! i miss you guys bunches already.
Post a Comment