8/26/09

Major Discoveries

I looked through a telescope for the first time tonight. It was AMAZING. They're giant real-time cameras with monster zoom. I saw the moon so clearly, craters 'n all, and Jupiter, though it was still really tiny. Assembling the scope and aiming it came easily, almost naturally, and well, it just felt right. I think I've finally found my major.

Prior to that, I experienced a different side of the school campus. First of all, parking is boosted up from $4 to $5 after 4:00pm, which is damn ridiculous. Why the fuck should students with night classes have to pay more than day-students? The only reason I could think of was that after 4:00pm, anyone can park in the reserved stalls around campus, but fuck (haha), no one's around that late anyway. I really needed a bathroom after that, so I walked over to Campus Center. The game room was locked, so I tried upstairs. The men's room was being cleaned. I headed over to Kuykendall (that could be how you spell it) and the building was closed. I went back to CC, checked upstairs, and almost pissed on the wall, but that only would've solved half of my problem. I booked it to Bilger and finally found an open bathroom, walked into a stall, and the fucking lock was broken! So now I pose the question: how can the school raise the parking fee from $3 to $5 within a year and not have the money to fix one little hinge?

I love campus at dusk though. It's quiet, the air's cool, and the sun hits everything so perfectly. I can't wait to have my film developed.