4/9/10

What we can be must be...

Seattle Central Community College:

1) Commercial Photography as a degree option:
Like UH's photo courses, SCCC offers courses on black&white and color film processing, AND in addition, digital training, studio work, lighting training, plus specified career centered courses.

2) English:
Doesn't offer as many choices as UH does, but because I'm already deep in the field, I'll nail the rest of my requirements. Best part about the curriculum is that well, at least during this current semester, they're offering a course solely focusing on America's Beat Generation
writers. Oh my lordy lord.

3) Hipsterology:
Considering triple-majoring with this.

4) I'll be admitted even with my lameass college career stats.

5) I already have friends there, so Tiff and Stephen can pick me up and drop me off every day!

Housing and jobs - still looking into that. Living outside of downtown is apparently cheaper than inside, but I don't want to sacrifice convenience either. I'll need to apply to a lot of jobs prior to final confirmation, and hopefully some businesses will understand my situation. At any rate, I'll have a load of money saved up for this plan. A LOAD. I'm going to hold 2 jobs until then.

Where did this come from?
I'm failing at school right now. Literally. I've been in a huge slump for a long time now. There's no motivation here, and don't judge me wrong - I DO want to learn and earn a degree. Doing it in Hawaii doesn't feel right at all. And it isn't only school. I hate my job and it isn't putting me in the direction that'd I need to be moving in. Writing related, photo related - even apparel retail again would be nice. The latter would prove to be well for networking too. I'm making shit wages at this job. I'll miss all of my friends here, of course, but everyone's so busy nowadays and I need to do my own things anyway. I have no romantic ties here, so moving'd be a whole lot easier. I'll miss my family a lot, but I'll live easier knowing that they won't need to financially support me anymore. My parents deserve to gamble in Vegas more often. Maybe I'll drive over to meet them someday.

I realize that I'm using future tense and subjunctive clause here, and it's because this idea is still fresh up in the air. I sat down and researched what I have so far about half an hour ago, for the first time. It may seem erratic that I want to head to Seattle after only being there one time recently, but I feel that I need to take advantage of that experience. Being free in a foreign place and learning so much about another culture has opened up so much for me. And Seattle having been that trigger, it's what this must be.

I'm dead serious about doing this.
Yeah, it's gonna happen.

4 comments:

Serious Jacob said...

At first I was like, "Ugghh, diving head first again." But fucking good! Just save all your money. Maybe sell your car or you can bring it up there like tiff.

I think you should do it.

micah said...

Haha, but fucking good.

whyhellothere said...

srsly man. if this is what you really want for yourself you gotta do it. ive always admired your drive.

rudified said...

Do it! I like visit get dakine Seattle's Best Coffee