7/17/10

Some preservatives

Today was another great solo day. I got a load of sleep and freed up more space for some new music. I'm really into Michael Franti and Spearhead right now. Not only does the stuff go great with toking, but it also sends me messages. Franti speaks out about a lot of issues that I also feel strongly about; most commonly addressing the distress of today's society and the power hungry America. Stuff gives me hope.

I went to Goodwill in Pearl City earlier today and went on a $20 spree. I walked out of there with 2 vinyls, both movies (not soundtracks): Batman Forever for my brother and Terminator 2 for my dad. Next is a metal angel-shaped candy dish for my grandmother. She collects everything angel-related; well, you just need to see her house. My main mission on visiting these stores is to dig up and collect tossed-out art. I found a wine glass that had been painted over with an ocean with sea creatures. It looks like a well-done elementary school project, and that's a compliment. Finally, my favorite, an already framed pastel drawing of a rose. Man, it's so nice and in the simplest fashion. I wish all of these artists signed their work though.
I like to think that I'm preserving these parts of those people.

I'd like to be preserved by someone too.


No comments: