So I'm feeling pretty easy right now, enjoying the not-too-hot-not-too-cold weather and iTunes on shuffle. Helicopter, by Bloc Party. I haven't relaxed like this well, since I don't know when, and it's great to be able to think at my own pace. I'm amazed at how drastically my life's changed over the past year. From June 2008, I spiraled into late night to early morning hangouts, to drug addictions, to sobriety, to a relapse, to sobriety, to relapse, all of which riddled with anxiety attacks and major depression. Letters in the Sea, by The Dimes. Despite all of this, I was somehow content, constantly drawn by what prospects that life offered. It's not that I couldn't stop, or that I didn't want to; I felt as though it were impossible that everything could be anything but what it was. That mindset is what debilitates the mentally conditioned. Christians in Black, by Rogue Wave. Rooted in the middle of nowhere. But everything did change. I finally talked to people about my past, my addictions, my mental condition, and weights were lifted. Deciding to see a psychiatrist will most likely stand as the most vital choice I have and will ever make. Following continued psychotherapy and medication, I've begun to reconstruct my brain biologically and my mind cognitively. I've begun to recognize myself.
I do realize that majority of my posts are excessively melancholy, and that I may be downing your mood in turn. Be assured, writing is my most powerful form of self-therapy, and I sincerely hope that all of this will benefit you as it has I.
Fixing my Brain, by Brad Sucks.
1 comment:
good job man.
Post a Comment