9/11/09

Gaze

I have to leave for work soon, even though I don't start until 6:00p. The H2 is apparently closed because of a Wahiawa fire that's been blazing for what, 2 weeks already? Some people excited about it, but shit, if their houses were anywhere near there, they'd be scared out of their minds.

Anyway, I haven't made an entry in almost a week, and I can't leave until I type something. School's been very entertaining, which is new for me. Archaeoastronomy is the only class that puts me to sleep, and will probably prove most difficult because of the lacking quality of the lectures. I need to finish the first 4 chapters of Psych UM in order to get bonus points, and I will do so. Evolution of Astronomy entails the Big Bang, nebulae, the intimidating Doppler Effect, and other cool complicated things. Religion's professor is very entertaining, and I'll more than likely get an A. I think I mentioned that before.

My favorite course, of course, is my Astro Lab. So far I've seen Jupiter, two of it's moons, 5 or 6 Zodiac constellations (Including Scorpio, aka Maui's Fish Hook. You know, Hawaiian Super Maaaan!"), the dippers, Polaris (the star aligned with the North Pole), and two nebulae. Fucking sick. Also, thanks to Sachi, I now have Google Sky Map on my phone, which allows me to view a very accurate map of whichever part of the Solar System I point it at. Oh yeah, and a shooting star for the first time ever! I can't believe I'm being graded on laying in the grass and scoping the sky.

Well, I hope I'm absorbent enough for this field. I'd never thought of myself as a potential scientist.

I haven't met anyone in my Religion lecture yet. My excuse is that the room is huge. The same goes for Evolution of the Universe, but that content's so interesting that I wouldn't want to talk to anyone anyway. Psychology, we only have one meeting a week, and it's easier for me to study on my own in this case. In Archaeo, I have Nikki to talk to and smoke with. I haven't seen her in..5 years? I felt bad for not recognizing her. Kaui's in my Astro Lab, and I met a few new people as well. Lee's from..I forget where, but he spent his last two years in Japan, which automatically makes him cool. Sarah always wants to ride in the trunk of my car, and it's becoming more and more of a possibility. Casey paints and unintentionally(?) but consistently delivers innuendo.

I've been listening to a lot of Norah Jones, and wish I could come up with the 300 or so dollars to see her when she comes here. My favorite by sound is Turn Me On, and favorite by word is Nearness of You.

No comments: