9/19/09

Vanity

I'm going to address a matter, well, a problem (not mine, maybe yours) that has hung over my head my entire life.

I don't choose to look the way I do. Yeah, I clean up, pay loads of mind to my hair, and am selective about what I wear. But being my size, as skinny as I am: I don't have a fucking choice. People (most of which I hardly know) will tell me "Jeez, you're so skinny" or "You've gotta eat" or "You're so lucky you're so skinny". Now, I understand that majority of the world conforms to modernism, tradition, collective social ideals, yadda yadda, but I fucking hate such ignorance. I know I'm skinny, I can eat most than most people in a sitting, and I'm not lucky for shit. My metabolism's strapped to goddamn jet-packs, and tied with the fact that I'm in constant locomotion, my body burns away whatever I've got. I don't have any fat to convert into muscle, so all I can do is preserve what I've got. And I utilize it better than fools bigger than me.

No, I don't mind being what I am.

So here, this is for you, reader, or anyone you know who believes in and conveys that crap: Would you do the same to an obese person? Approach an individual you barely know, or worse, someone close to you, and exclaim "Wow, you're so fat! You must eat a lot. I'm soooo jealous!"? How the fuck is this any different? How is it that people don't realize this? This fucking country is doomed to such vanity, and the population is unknowingly enslaved by it.

I've dealt with this straight up bullshit my entire life, so I'm used to it. Problem is, the rest of the world is too.

1 comment:

Ben said...

well I usually reply with "Maybe you're just fat." haha