Society bars individuality. All of us are consistently pressured to touch upon a level of put-together-ness when really, we only need to appear better by comparison. Therein, the road to success is ultimately dominance (as demonstrated by a particular continent to the east). But there's hope beyond this, and it's called independence. Now, I realize that it's unavoidable that I'm influenced by everything around me, and that's not what I'm referring to. How we
interpret this existence is what defines it all. This world's been fabricated purely out of opinion, so why should yours be any less significant? Voice!
Oh, and nice guys don't finish last. At the least, they finish. It's the hesitant ones that never truly begin.
"To be nobody-but-yourself-in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else— means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."
~E.E. Cummings
No comments:
Post a Comment